Our Mission Statement
- The Marine Mud Run, a community support project sponsored by St Joseph Valley Det. 095 of the Marine Corps League, is dedicated to helping the many needy children in our community who go without Christmas due to a variety of factors including families’: low income, job loss, injuries, illness, domestic violence, or divorce of parents. While all of us are susceptible to hard times children are most at risk of having low self-esteem, depression, and a sense of being lost during the holiday season due to the factors listed that may befall a family.
- It is the Marine Corps League, St Joseph Valley Det. 095’s Mission to help the children and their families who are struggling each year have a brighter Christmas and influence the lives of those children. Every toy brings hope to those children who have very little hope during the holiday season and shows them someone does care. Thus, with the support of the South Bend Marines, we are able to foster that hope through the Toys for Tots program; raising valuable dollars to help fill the void experienced each year within the Toys for Tots program in the age groups of 0-3 and 11- up thru the Marine Mud Run – 3.1 mile run through mud and obstacles.
- The success of the Marine Mud Run rests on the shoulders of its Committee, which successfully stages and executes the annual event, generating the revenue which enables it to accomplish its stated mission.
- As a committee we are committed to the mission of supporting the children of our community through the financial and community relations goals of the South Bend Marines. To wit; obtain financial support for the annual Toys for Tots program, foster a positive image of Marines in the community, and provide for community service and outreach to those in need within Michiana.
- The South Bend Marines and the Marine Corps League, St Joseph Valley Det. 095 with regard to the Toys for Tots program and the Marine Mud Run hope to repay the community for their continued support in the performance of their duty to the people of the United States.
“Semper Fi to the Children”